Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Impromtu Speech

Five minutes to prepare!  At your desk, think about your speech and plan it out.

Think of the parts of speech. Remember PVLEGS!
  • Attention Grabber
  • Thesis Statement
  • 3 – Body Paragraphs
    • Topic Sentence
    • Detail
    • Detail
    • Detail
  • Transition Sentence
  • Restatement of Thesis
  • Tie Back to Attention Grabber.


Memorize your short speech. No notes when you go up to give your speech. The order of speeches will be chosen randomly.
Topic Choices

  • I look (forward to / dread) going to the high school because ____________.

  • My dream vacation would be ______________.

  • If I ever won the lottery I would _____________ because _______________.

  • One of the  (best / worst) days of my life was _____________ because ____________.

No comments:

Post a Comment